Guest Posting Guidelines
Thanks for your interest in writing a guest post for the MedReps blog. We’re excited to work with you!
First and foremost, do your homework and review the guidelines below. If you have any questions not answered by the information below, do contact us at email@example.com. We only review completed posts, please don’t contact us separately to run an idea past us.
We don’t like to decline posts, but it could happen. To avoid any rejection, follow these guidelines:
- You must be a medical sales professional, medical sales recruiter, or someone who hires, manages, or trains medical sales professionals.. We do not accept guest submissions from people just looking to get a link back to their site.
- Present new ideas, fresh perspectives, and unique approaches. We like to present readers with ideas that we haven’t seen elsewhere online. When drafting your post, ask yourself the question, “so what?” What can you offer that will make the reader think? What haven’t they thought of or tried yet? Read our blog to learn what we’ve covered in the past, and think about new angles to explore or ways to take a topic further.
- All work must be original, provided exclusively to MedReps.com
- Everything must be properly cited – links, images, etc. Basically, we should be able to hit publish as soon as it arrives in our inbox.
- Include a headline and a bio.
What do we mean by exclusivity? In short, we want a piece that’s only written for us, not a piece you submit to multiple outlets with the intent of seeing who will pick it up first. You are welcome to write on similar topics elsewhere; however, the post that we run should appear only on our blog.
Audience & Topics
Our readers are mostly medical sales job seekers, hiring managers, or recruiters. Topics we’re interested in include:
- Insights about working in medical sales
- Advice for medical sales job seekers
- Advice for medical sales hiring managers, talent acquisition professionals, and recruiters
- Career management advice
- Insights about changes impacting the medical device and pharma industries
Formatting and Submission
Please submit your post as a Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, please take the time to make sure all links are active. Some other things to keep in mind when formatting:
- Bold your headline
- Post length – around 700-1000 words
- Keywords – write with a single relevant keyword in mind. The keyword should be included in your headline, first paragraph, and final paragraph at a minimum.
- Break up your post by using a bulleted or numbered list or subheadlines.
- Links – the only promotional link you are allowed to include is within your bio (see below for more details). The body of your post itself cannot contain promotional links. If it does, we might reject your post altogether. Again, links need to be 100 percent relevant.
We reserve the right to edit all posts. For minor edits, we’ll make them without informing you first. On occasion, we’ll send a post back if we think it’s a good topic but could use more work.
We want our readers to know who you are! Your bio should capture that in 2-3 sentences. This bio is also where you can show the audience what else you’ve done by linking to your blog, your website, your professional social media profiles, etc. However, we do ask that you only include two links at the most. Please write your bio in the third person.
Once you’re certain your post is up to our standards, please send it as an attachment to email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you!
The MedReps Team