MedReps interviews Isaac Whatley, the Biotech and Pharma Recruiting Team Lead at Princeton One. He’s been at Princeton One for three years and leads a team focused on filling pharmaceutical sales jobs for clients. He reveals what candidates can do to make a good impression and increase their chances of getting the pharma sales jobs they want.
Watch the video to hear Isaac discuss the following questions and more.
What makes a candidate’s application stand out?
- Provide a clear objective
- Give an overview of therapeutic areas covered and the different types of roles held.
How can a candidate impress you on the phone screen?
- Have current stats and performance numbers in front of you during the call.
- Send a clear summary of performance numbers prior to call.
- Be prepared to concisely walk the recruiter through the career journey.
- Repeat questions back to the recruiter to ensure clarity.
What advice do you have for candidates trying to break into pharma?
- Connect with recruiters on LinkedIn
- Have a resume that highlights relevant experience
How can an overqualified candidate overcome that objection?
- Use the resume to highlight relevant experience
- Use the cover letter to provide transparency about goals
Isaac also talks about how the Covid-19 crisis has impacted pharma sales jobs and recruiting. Isaac shares how pharma recruiting has changed during the global pandemic.