“How much money does a medical equipment sales rep make?”
Every year, MedReps conducts a survey to answer this question and more:
“What size medical equipment company pays the highest salary?”
“How much commission do medical equipment sales jobs pay?”
“How does travel impact medical equipment sales salaries?”
“How does location, age, and gender impact medical equipment sales earnings?”
Medical equipment sales reps have the power to influence their income. That’s part of the magic in sales. The harder you work, the more you earn. This year’s 2019 Medical Sales Salary Survey found that’s exactly what reps in this field are doing.
2019 medical equipment sales salary key findings:
- – Medical equipment sales reps see an increase in both average base salaries and average commissions
- – Small companies offer the highest average base salary
- – Medical equipment sales reps who regularly spend time in the OR earn the highest total incomes over those in other market segments
- – Female medical equipment sales reps earn just 73% of their male counterparts
- – Average commissions are significantly higher for those who spend 75%+ of their time traveling
Salaries across medical equipment sales increased over $4,000 since last year. The increase stays true to a steady rise in total average compensation over the last few years for reps in this field. This year, it’s due to both increased commissions and bonuses.
While 44 percent of the 186 employed medical equipment sales respondents reported being somewhat satisfied with their earnings, only 26 percent said they’re very satisfied. However, our survey revealed this doesn’t equate to lowered job satisfaction. In fact, 76 percent of respondents said they’re satisfied in their current roles.
The reality is, medical equipment sales reps are dedicated to their roles. Respondents in our survey have an average of 11 years of experience and spend over 20 percent of their time traveling overnight.
We also found, a remarkable, 94 percent of medical equipment sales reps hold a four-year college degree or higher. This is likely due to a combination of the technical complexity of these products and the business acumen needed.
Check out the full findings below to learn more about how you can reap the financial rewards of a medical equipment sales career:
View Previous Medical Equipment Sales Salary Reports:
- 2018 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2017 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2016 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2015 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2014 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2013 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2012 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report