Medical sales recruiters need the best possible salespeople to fill their open positions. These workers need to know how to handle the everyday tasks of a salesperson meeting or even exceeding their sales quotas in order to earn those bonuses.
Looking for a new employee that meets these criteria can be done in a number of different ways. One of the most effective methods is via passive recruitment.
How to use Passive Recruitment to Hire the Best Sales Reps
What is passive recruitment, and how can it help you hire the best medical sales reps? Read on to learn the answers to these questions and more.
What is Passive Recruitment?
In general, there are two main types of recruitment: passive and active. In order to understand one, you need to fully grasp the concepts of the other. What makes these two forms of recruitment different? It all comes down to the candidates.
- Active Recruitment – This form of recruitment lives up to its name. When someone is actively looking for a job, comes across your help wanted ad, and applies for it, then they are participating in active recruitment. To summarize it simply, active recruitment occurs when the candidates are actively looking and want to find a new job.
- Passive Recruitment – As you’ve probably already guessed, passive recruitment occurs when the candidates are not actively looking for jobs. Recruiters need to find them, either through social media sites like LinkedIn or on job boards related to the industry, and contact them. At that point, it’s up to the recruiter to make it seem like the job that’s open is better than their current position, thus enticing them to apply.
How Can Passive Recruitment Help You Find the Best Candidates?
Although passive recruiting can take a bit longer, since you need to properly entice your chosen candidates, there are a number of advantages to using this method of filling an open job. They include:
- Choosing People with the Best Skills – When people apply to a job, you end up sifting through the applications trying to find the candidates who have the desired skills you are looking for. This can be a harrowing process, and you might end up choosing someone who almost, but not quite, fits the description. With passive recruitment, you’re seeking people who you know have the skills that you want, even if they aren’t actively looking for a job. As a result, you can find someone who’s perfect for the open position.
- Finding Workers with Experience – On top of needing employees who have the right skills, you also need those with experience. While there are some exceptions to this, such as entry-level sales positions, for the most part, you’re going to want candidates who have a solid track record of succeeding in a sales position. The best way to find people who fit this description is by choosing to passively recruit those who have the experience that you need them to have.
How to Passively Recruit Candidates
Now that you know just how much passive recruitment can help you, it’s time to discover how you can find candidates that fit your needs. There are several things that you can do, on top of locating the candidates, in order to entice them to apply for your open positions.
- Include Job Benefits on Your Listing – People who are happily employed at other companies want to know what they’d be gaining if they switch from one business to another. By listing the benefits offered by your company on your website, they’ll be able to better weigh their options and make an informed decision. Of course, it helps if the benefits that you offer are better than the ones they are currently enjoying.
- Make Sure Your Website is Updated – Some people receive a number of interest emails each day from companies in their field. Usually, the first thing that they do is head to the company website in order to see what working there is like. By ensuring that your website it fully updated with your company name, address, and more, you’ll begin to earn the potential candidate’s trust.
- Spend Some Time on Your Social Media – Finally, social media is another thing that potential candidates look for. Your company’s social media accounts need to be linked to your website, and vice versa. Plus, be sure to include some interesting “day in the life” photos on your social media, which will give potential employees an accurate view of their potential day-to-day.
As you can see, proper passive recruiting can help you to find the best medical sales reps in your area and give you the opportunity to entice them to join your team.