“How much money does a medical equipment sales rep make?”
Every year, MedReps conducts a survey to answer this question and more:
“What size medical equipment company pays the highest salary?”
“How much commission do medical equipment sales jobs pay?”
“How does travel impact medical equipment sales salaries?”
“How does location, age, and gender impact medical equipment sales earnings?”
Last year, we asked durable medical equipment sales professionals and capital equipment sales reps their predictions for how the global crisis would impact the future of medical sales. More than three-quarters (78%) said they expected the pandemic to negatively impact their 2020 earnings.
This year, we have great news to report!
2021 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Key Findings:
- – DME and capital equipment sales reps see a remarkable increase in commissions — a nearly $20,000 jump
- – Sales reps see an average rise of $50,000 in base pay moving from field sales to sales management roles
- – Earning potential between those who sell to hospitals and those in Surgery / OR is narrow compared to other industries — both are high
- – Any amount of travel has a significantly positive impact on earnings
Medical equipment sales representatives continued on a slow but steady overall salary increase. These reps saw a slight increase in base salary and a significant jump in reported commissions despite challenges brought on by the global crisis.
The majority of reps predicted earning less in 2020 and despite an 8% increase in total average compensation, 55% of medical equipment sales respondents reported a negative impact on 2020 earnings. Medical equipment sales professionals are also less likely to receive perks such as paternity leave, pet insurance, on-site health or daycare services, tuition assistance than other industry categories.
Despite these reports, income satisfaction holds high at 82%, and the majority of medical equipment sales reps (72%) are happy with their jobs.
Check out our full findings below to learn more about how you can develop a successful capital equipment or durable medical equipment sales career:
View Previous Medical Equipment Sales Salary Reports:
- 2020 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2019 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2018 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2017 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2016 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2015 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2014 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2013 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report
- 2012 Medical Equipment Sales Salary Report